Staying always motivated as a blogger is not easy. Waking up every day at a blank page and write for an invisible audience that might as well not be present isn’t fun at all. However there are several ways to stay inspired. Motivation has three components which include;
Conscious objectives and desires that drive people forward to achieve their goals.
Unconscious motivation based on deeply held emotional beliefs that propel people forward
And building up on our existing skills and capabilities to achieve our objectives.
When the three components occur all at the same time people are happy and motivated. However when one misses one needs willpower to keep on going. Unfortunately will power cannot work all by itself for a long time.
There are various ways to keep yourself motivated as a blogger. I’ll share some actionable tactics that will keep you motivated for a long time.
- Attract positive feedback in every situation. You can do this by;
- Respond to comments- not like it’s easy to get people to comment or share your post. It’s important as a blogger to be part of the conversation by responding to each comment with actual words.
- Encourage your family and friends to share your post- not like you are begging them to, just give them a reason to. Having more people reading your post especially from people you care about can be a motivation to keep you going for a while.
- Get a blogging buddy. Friends make things interesting. Get support from a peer who is also blogging. The truth is you will help each other out and cheer each other out.
- Join a group- join a group of bloggers or rather blogging community. This can be in person or through social media.
- Have a writing habit.
- Create a special blog ritual- many can say that a routine is boring, but having a habit makes you motivated. For bloggers who wake up early to write, feel like they should do something at that time, it gives them the driving force. The same for late night bloggers. They understand they have to do something before going to bed. Also you can have special place or things you do before starting your page. This can be having a cup of tea or listening to music that you like.
- Practice writing in public. Go to your favorite coffee shop, sit down and write.
- Use different formats- try skip the words sometimes when creating content. You can use images or videos to express yourself. This can be a good change for both you and your readers.
- Take a break- give yourself some time off. However be careful as you might fall off completely. Everyone needs that break to freshen up. Also this gives room for more ideas.
- Plan for blog motivation success.
- Use an editorial calendar. This will help you plan your content in advance around other tempting events that might be of interest to you.
- Have a list of potential topics that you would like to talk about. This can be insurance against blank screen syndrome.
- Record your ideas. Don’t expect to remember everything every time you need it.
- Gather inspiration from your blog.
- Survey you readers. If you are not sure of what they want, it isn’t a bad idea to ask them.
- Answer customer question. Collect all type of questions your customers have and answer them
- Collect ideas from employees. You can seek for ideas from fellow bloggers or help from friends.
- Leverage current news in your category, attend live events
- Be social. There are many ways you can promote your blog on social media. Remember the more active your blog is the more interesting you will be.
- Study what works in your blog. Discover which topics you can use for you target readers. This helps you brainstorm on new subjects.
- Use comments as inspiration for your future posts.