The importance of an email list must be considered for a successive blogger. For one to create a blogging email list, the aspect of internet marketing is key. Internet marketing is a marketing field that uses tools and resources to sell goods and services and in this case blogging. There is no hard and fast rule to setting up an email list other than:
- Getting a good email marketing service-this means you need to send one message to lots of people all at once.
- Creating a sign up form on your blog site-it needs to be obvious and not hideously ugly. If your site doesn’t have a clear opt-in form, then you are missing out on a lot. It’s advisable to have a self-hosted blog.
- Offering something for free- this for instance can be an eBook or a free article series or whatever your readers find valuable. In other words, it’s a way to reward subscribers with something other than just your regular content.
- Stat emailing your list something new at least once a week- the point to note is that you should not overcommit to a frequency of let’s say once a day.
- The final step is to ask your readers to share- people will want to share your content if at all it clearly adds value into their day to day routines.
In addition, capturing the reader’s attention is of so much importance because they may form a small niche of very specific interested parties, if you as a blogger, are able to hold on to that specific audience then it’s evident that you will hope to predict the number of readers that will consider reading your articles.
The email subscribers are more relied on because they agree more on the articles and are willing to be updated on any new information at the time the blogger specifies. Emailing is known to be a way in which a person is able to communicate privately with the other party, so when it comes to blogging the same applies. It is powerful in that its personal, the blogger owns the email and the level of privacy is still maintained as earlier mentioned. Privacy is a very key aspect when it comes to emailing. Your audience can be able to communicate privately whether positively or negatively depending on how they understood your article from your blog site.
With this form of communication, it’s able to know if your blog is working or still needs a lot to so as to stabilize. With emailing, a blogger can confidently pass out a readers survey and possibly you may not get a hundred percent response of which in turn helps you to re-target the disagreeing audience or rather those that didn’t respond to your survey. In so many other locations where you advertise your article, you might come across anger and discontent from those who see you self-promoting on a regular basis.
To avoid this, one can segment the audience by filtering those individuals that are in disagreement by certain topics in your article that they respond to. By doing this, a blogger has a higher chance of success in attracting the right people to the right places.
With that all said, there are drawbacks with mailing lists. Setting up a list can be a science. The list requires a fair amount of tweaking. It’s not recommended to send out too many live environment tests otherwise you might upset your mailing list subscribers. Another drawback is that getting an audience may be difficult. With a blog, the audience are not tied to your site in whatever manner. They may decide to dig in or dig out when they want or when a passer-by becomes a subscriber their attitude changes and they will bring with them some exceptions.